Prayer for work

Good morning, Father. Thank you for giving me a fresh new day to serve you in.

Lord, please open my eyes today to discern what's really going on around me. Help me to sift truth from falsehood and exagerration. Help me especially to discern the hidden cries of victims, and by your grace not to dismiss them.

Lord, help me to act with generosity, humility and compassion. Teach me to remember that each person is made in your image, and to treat each one with the respect, honour and deference that is their due. Help me to listen to every story with the same attention I would pay to my dear ones.

Lord, help me today to be an advocate for those around me whose voice is too quiet to hear. Give me the ear of those with the power to make a difference and help me to use each opportunity. Help me push aside debris placed in the way by the systems and people around me and the selfishness of my own heart, that the river of your justice may flow freely.
 
Lord, give me the keys to bring resolution into the situations I come across today. Show me where to challenge and where to offer help. Give me stubborness to keep trying and wisdom to know when it's time to stop.

Lord, there is so much I cannot do, either because of my own limitations or because of the scope of my job description. Help me to know when to intervene in spite of these things and to forgive myself when I make things worse or when I cannot help.
 
Make me an agent of your kingdom. Teach me to discern your mission in my workplace and to line up my vision with yours. Remind me that you, and not I, are the answer for those I meet today.

In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts