Quick fix

Hi people!

Yesterday was a very exciting day. My lovely friend who is a seamstress agreed to service my new (to me, not to the world) sewing machine, which on first try sounded a bit grinchy. She promised to get it back to me in 4 weeks' time, then e-mailed later that day to say it was done. And she had lots of nice things to say about it - 
'It is a very good machine and I don't recommend ever getting a different one, or thinking you are upgrading it, it's very unlikely you'll be so pleased with its replacement' - Totally Professional Person who knows what she's talking about
 Today I got it back again, and decided that I wanted to get on and do something right away, and I had the perfect thing in my drawer. Years ago I bought a bright red, incredibly oversized t-shirt which I've grown quite fond of, but I stopped wearing it because it was just so big. 

Out it came:


And two seams later, I had this:


I need to work on my photography, but I am pleased to confirm that it fits very well.

P.S: At one point in the process, I used the rather odd technique of bluetacking the t-shirt to the wall. I've recorded this for Posterity, in case they're interested.



 



Comments

Popular Posts