Doodles

Just recently I've gotten back into doodling. It stops me getting completely distracted when I have to listen to someone for a long time; it keeps my nerves from jangling; and because I don't start off with a plan, it's always fascinating to see where it goes.


1.
Here's my cornucopeia from a day spent ticking off names at a polling station. I got a few compliments on it from voters! It probably didn't look that professional but it was better than just staring at my phone all day...



2.
This one is the result of half a day's lectures on missiology. Not my favourite topic, but I assure you I was paying attention - the crown at the bottom of the sea is straight off one of the slides!

  

The sea picture didn't take quite long enough, so I filled in the remaining time with a bit of a cat. The challenge here was to make it all one unbroken block; all the black is one piece and all the white spaces connect up. 

   

I tried to do another one with the tail on the other side, because most cats' tails don't grow out of their front paws, but it didn't come out nearly as well.


3.
Finally, here's one that got me through a tricky phone call with my parents. Phone calls aren't always fun, but butterflies usually are. I like how nice they look given that the wing patterns are basically just scribbles.


Comments

Popular Posts